Customer: National Parcel Delivery Firm
NPDF are a logistics firm based in the United Kingdom specialising in the delivery of parcels to business and residential clients. Traditionally Yodel used a Cisco CUCM IP Telephony system for all their communications throughout their offices and delivery depots. Yodel attempted to roll out Jabber as a Unified Communications tool to improve corporate communication and speed up internal processes. However, after a short pilot they decided that Lync 2013 was a better option.
NPDF enlisted my help to deploy Lync 2013 into their network and integrate it with their Cisco IP telephony so that they could use Lync 2013 as a full Unified Communications tool including enterprise voice. This involved the following
- Design including HLD and LLD
- Arranging of Pre-requisites to be completed by various IT silos such as networks, security, infrastructure, IP telephony etc.
- Working with managed service provider of Cisco estate to arrange and design direct integration between Lync Mediation and Cisco CUCM
- Deployment of Lync 2013
- Dial Plan design and implementation
- Voice Policy and Voice Route Design and implementation to account for each of their dialing preferences
- PSTN Conferencing
- Web Conferencing
- External Access
- Lync 2013 Mobility
- Lync LPE (Polycom CX) deployment and provisioning
- Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging
- Extension Dialling between Cisco and Lync