Customer: Local Authority
LA did not have a UC solution and relied on Avaya PBX systems for all communications. LA decided that they wanted to implement Skype for Business as their UC solution for Instant Messaging and Conferencing with a view of enterprise voice further down the line. However, due to hardware delays the decision was made to deploy in Skype for Business Online a 25 seat proof of concept to appease the CxO’s.
I was asked to deploy the Skype for Business Online proof of concept which also included the complete setup of an Office 365 tenant as previous to that they were cloud adverse. In order to ensure that the proof of concept was seamless to the CxOs I deployed Azure AD Sync, with ADFS and SSO so that they could use their existing credentials. After the proof of concept had been completed, the hardware was deployed and I was tasked with deploying Skype for Business on-premises with the unorthodox challenge of completing hybrid in reverse without impacting the CxOs.
The final solution included IM, Presence, External Access, Federation, Mobility and PSTN Conferencing via direct SIP trunk to Avaya. Skills used on this project were:
- Design including HLD and LLD
- Arranging of Pre-requisites to be completed by various IT silos such as networks, security, infrastructure, IP telephony etc.
- Working with managed service provider of Avaya estate to arrange and design direct integration between Lync Mediation and Avaya
- Deployment of Office 365 tenant
- Deployment of Azure AD Sync, ADFS and SSO with Office 365
- Deployment of Skype for Business Online
- Skype for Business On-Premises Deployment
- Dial Plan design and implementation
- Voice Policy and Voice Route Design
- PSTN Conferencing
- Web Conferencing
- External Access
- Skype for Business Mobility
- Hybrid (in reverse)